This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- Taxpayer had to include son’s savings account in determination of solvency
- 2019 HRA amounts announced by the IRS
- IRS changes Section 382 recognized built-in gain/loss safe harbors due to changes made by TCJA
- Revenue procedure issued to deal with requests to change accounting methods due to ASC 606 adoption for financial statements
- General automatic method change revenue procedure annual update published by IRS
- Taxpayer found to have no asset to sell and, due to that, income was ordinary and not capital in nature
You can listen to the podcast here, view the video version here, and read the corresponding notes here.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.