This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- South Dakota to hold a special session so the state can begin to take advantage of their victory in the Wayfair case
- Taxpayer who withdrew IRA funds based on a notice of intent to levy cannot escape 10% additional tax
- IRS clarifies the application of the proposed SALT regulations leading to a bevy of questions
- IRS memorandum concludes seismic fees for offshore drilling must be amortized and cannot be treated as intangible drilling costs
- President issues an Executive Order for DOL and Treasury to consider certain changes to retirement plans
- Tax Court disagrees with the IRS’s view on how §1291(c) gains interact with six year statute
You can listen to the podcast, view the video version, and read the corresponding notes.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.