This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- Senate passes their version of HR1, setting up moving to a conference committee
- IRS gets access to information from bitcoin exchange
- The Tax Court uses English law to determine if a payment was alimony for federal tax purposes
- A safe harbor casualty loss rule is adopted for damage to concrete foundations caused by pyrrohite
- A taxpayer is denied a deduction for legal fees to recover overpaid alimony
- More relief for partnerships due to change in filing dates for 2016 returns
- The Tax Court updates its views on how to evaulate Stamps.com postmarks under timely filing rules
You can listen to the podcast here, view the video version here, and read the corresponding notes here.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.