By: Phillip Massey
Blog Series: Moving to the Next Level—Preparing for Life After QuickBooks (Post 5 of 5)
Your next financial accounting solution should provide you with great insight, fit your processes as much as possible, and be user friendly. In addition, your solution should accommodate:
- Access to real-time data and processes—available anytime, anywhere with a web browser and Internet connection. With anytime access, system users can be at the office, a customer’s office, or snow bound at home, and still have access to the system.
- Flexible reporting, with built in multi-dimensional architecture, delivers accurate and timely reports with relevant insights into data.
- Role-based dashboards that deliver real-time global and local visibility into the state of the business—to the right stakeholders at the right time—providing deep insights into business performance.
- Extensive integrations with leading applications enable organizations to easily, cost-effectively assemble an interoperable system of best-in-class applications, providing the best solutions for your business needs.
- Easy user-defined workflows that automate, control, and streamline processes as needed to optimize processes throughout the organization.
In summary, life after QuickBooks does not have to be scary or intimidating. Often, in fact, making no move is worse than making the wrong move. Hours of wasted time in Excel® because of QuickBooks limitations and time spent creating reports from scratch are typically more costly than the “sticker shock” companies may face when first reviewing software at the next level.
My advice is to take your time and do thorough research, but do not be afraid to make the move and enjoy life after QuickBooks!
For more information on Life After QuickBooks, visit our landing page at www.afterquickbooks.com or visit our corporate page at www.masseyconsulting.net. Also, stay tuned for next weeks’ post on where we detail a few real life scenarios of QuickBooks pain points.
Philip D. Massey, CPA is the Founder and President of Raleigh, NC-based Massey Consulting, Inc. Philip has been a CPA for nearly twenty years and worked in the accounting software side of the industry for seventeen of those years. After spending a few years working on tax returns, bookkeeping and audits, he decided his love for computers was greater than his love for traditional accounting. Over the years, Philip has worked on a few accounting packages, including QuickBooks, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP and Intacct. Currently, Massey Consulting specializes in cloud-based accounting solutions, although they certainly continue to support on-premise solutions as well. Philip currently resides in Youngsville, NC with his wife and daughter.